Wednesday, 13 January 2010

it will be all right

This afternoon, I decided to take a short nap at 1.30, before debate began at 2pm. Guess what time I slept until :/

3pm :( Which by then I was supposed to get up the MOELC bus, but I took one look at the familiar yellow bus and just couldn't stand the thought of going through three and a half more hours of continuous study, when I haven't learned anything at all today and, despite my best efforts, have been consistently sleeping through every class with my eyes wide open.

So I came home. And died on the couch. I'm sorry :(

Best thing about today was shooting in the morning. I can feel more of my shots going in :D and that smooth sound when the ball just goes into the net is so satisfying ^.^

CLE today was talking about goals in life. What we want our life story to be.

I realised that I don't want a high-paying job. I don't want to be famous. I don't need to get a prestigious scholarship (although okay that'd be great because financial assistance is always welcome haha) I don't need to be rich (but if it's a side effect of getting a job I love why not ahah) I just want to live a happy, comfortable life, find a job that I enjoy doing, have friends I love who love me back, and make others happy too :) So when I'm old and decrepit and useless, I'll be able to look back on my life and smile in contentment :)

And wow some people've already planned their life and career journey, starting with their subject combi and ending with what age they want to retire. Heh all I know is what subjects I'd like to do. Haha at this rate I'll end up like my dad and graduate from uni with a degree in something interesting and no cow idea about what I really want to do, oh well :)
And of course I have more specific goals, but those you can ask me personally or something :)
GOSH you know I still haven't reformatted my brain to being Sec2 and in EBlock. Practically every time I'm walking alone, I'll be standing right in the middle of the field/the opposite side of the track from the canteen when I suddenly remember that our classroom's not in JBlock anymore, and I'll quickly turn around and hope that no one saw me eheh.

Perhaps I will quickly finish my homework and beg math tuition from my father, then go sleep at 8 or something. Gods but I need the sleep.

Training tomorrow :D

/edit HAHA i just realised that my 'housecommer' at the side was misspelled, and it's been there how many weeks?

//hehe aw a waddle sec1 just added me on facebook xD seriously the next houseprac i will stare at all their faces until i can match names to faces! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi henghwee i didn't know you were in debate that's so cool :) i'm considering rejoining debate in rj, but i'm worried that i'll be way too rusty by now, and that i might just stand up there and cry :/
its okay we all have our tired moments sometimes its very normal my dear :) get a good night's rest tomorrow and i'm sure you'll be all recharged to tackle the rest of a dreary week. sometimes, really, i think WHAT'S WRONG WITH WEDNESDAYS :D
yes i really identify with what you wrote. when i was much younger, i wanted to be a tai tai eventually. like graduate from harvard, become the best lawyer around, and after 5 years of working, retire and be a tai tai. but now, i guess there's just so much more to life that materialistic comfort? i guess i've never treasured my friends as much as i should have, until when i'm down, and they're really my pillar of support and help me get right up, and that's the best thing about it: they're always there for you no matter what, or how badly you screw up.
catch up with you soon dearie :)

Henghwee said...

hey claire! you were in debate before? haha ohwell it's all in confidence, and anyway my speaking is Terrible haha. i like prepping ^.^
how's rj! you all are still doing orientation right!
haha somehow everything seems better after it's all been spewed out :)
heh you could say we're lucky people who've had amazing friends ^.^ at the end of the day, it's family and friends who're always right behind you and ready to push you back up :D
see you soon :))