Monday, 10 October 2011

across this new divide

The sound (and smell) of rain is probably about one of the only things that can get me out of bed, thanks to Sensitive Electronics hur. (Things that wake me up don't count because everything wakes me up and apparently getting dead tired doesn't change that -.-)

So all the exams end tomorrow and everyone's free, which also means everything gets picked up again. (And that I can no longer hide at home and absent myself from reality ;P)

Thumb is sorely hurting from too much button-mashing with my cousin hurhur we spent over an hour on the final boss and only won 'cause of a fluke xD but it is Okay because lovely cutscenes and an awesome soundtrack are worth it ;D

Apart from frying my eyes/brain, have also been around the net reading useless things (for which I salute the contributors because their command of English is Brilliant) or stumbling across not-so-useless/interesting things like Tamora Pierce's LJ :D (which also reminds me that I would reallyreally like to jump to October 25 just to get a copy of Mastiff and then jump back here to read it, because whaaaat beka got engaged between books?!?! O: )


STOP PROCRASTINATING.

//haha look! :D since I couldn't find a scanned version of it, here's text :)
Whatif
by Shel Silverstein

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime Whatifs strike again!

No comments: