FREAK SO TIRED tomorrow's gonna be an even longer day hahahha damn.
TOMORROW'S PLAN:
6.50am - set alarm, pack necessary stuff
(bathing stuff, weights training clothes, two towels, shoes, SLIPPERS (never remember those) clothes for evening event, plastic bags - okay i think if i get all those i should be safe? OH AND CAMERA.)
7.30am - leave house and reach school whenever I reach school
until 11am - rg training! :D haha their so-called prep before they go hk ;D
until 2pm - lunch with batchies + tanjiajia
whenever weights training ends - as stated. then bathe, and lepak until
5.30pm - flag a cab (since my fare's paid heehee ^.^) to dempsey!
probably reach home at 11+ again boooo
Woke up this morning at about 8.15, and was in two minds whether to jump out or roll around in bed some more after checking my phone 'cause Jazell smsed me after I went to sleep last night that we were meeting at 9.30am!! In the end I was the earliest there HAHA first time ever xD
Watched Pitch Perfect and Ah Boys To Men nearly consecutively with Christiane and Jazell! Haha they're both basically funny plotless movies that entertain you enough that you don't feel like you wasted money >D plus the mashups for PP were great!! And ABTM was such typical Singaporean humour LOL I love whenever the grandma talks 'cause it sounds like dinner conversation at home xD
The cinema was also FREAKING COLD in the morning while we were watching PP, so I borrowed Jazell's shirt haha it was so much warmer xDD after it we practically ran downstairs to soak in some sunlight and warmth hehhehe
Talked for abit afterwards before splitting, Christiane went home while Jazell and I went to my house 'cause she was giving Mary a swimming lesson! Haha watching them is quite fun, plus the poolside is v cooling! ;D
Left them early before they were done to meet Lizzi at Holland V to collect my camera! Following which I cabbed to Dempsey for my first ever shooting as an event photographer HAHA had absolutely no idea what I was doing srsly. My impressions from just now included
- severely underdressed 'cause I just went there in the same clothes I went watching movies with in the morning; people were there in suit + tie and I was walking around in red shorts?? Lol the only effort I made (in defense I was told to 'dress smart' with no mention of 'formal'!) was heels, but in my rush out of the house I took the shitty toe-pinching pair (that started creaking when I was shifting around during a speech HAHA so embarrassing) (also I was thinking of wearing a skirt, but then I bent down and decided MAYBE NOT.)
- good thing I'm young + a photographer, so all was forgiven (+ this is a charity event!)
- someone-else-who-does-photog: 'you only have two lenses?' YES I ONLY HAVE TWO LENSES, LIVE WITH IT. also I am sixteen and poor and not currently earning a paycheck.
- HAD NO IDEA THAT I WAS SHOOTING FOR A SOCIAL EVENT AT AN ART GALLERY srsly all I was told was 'a Make-A-Wish event for volunteers and donors' HAHA I thought it was the kind of casual thing you have at function rooms is that not what volunteer events are?? but everyone there looked >30 and many >40, 50 :(
- basically what I did was make friends with the serving people (haha one of them told us the 'pick up a glass and turn it upside down' joke xD) and take photos of people with art pieces/tokens of appreciation/etc.
- Candy came at around 7+ in equally casual attire! So the two of us parked ourselves in the corner next to the service entrance and ate lots of refreshments HAHA
- so awkz what in the world am I supposed to do with a namecard do I look like I run a business/would be a useful contact to you????
- some days I hate being 'the camera' because to people you are basically a Thing that clicks a machine that takes pictures for them. Other days (like today) I am so glad to be a photographer because I have an excuse to hide in the corner >D
- well, gonna be going back tomorrow for when they sell the art pieces! Least now I'm not so unprepared hurhur
MY READING MATERIAL FOR TONIGHT:
how to shoot events (especially the hip tip HAHA am so trying that on someone the next time I get a crowded room) (also the badge is brilliant)
and post-processing
more on shooting (i love this part HAHA 'The camera also acts like a crutch or a friend, and when there is
nothing else to do you can always adjust the dials and make yourself
look like you are doing something highly technical and important.')
Siblings are at grandma's house down the road tonight - so it's just parents talking in the siblings' room, grandparents asleep in their room, and me. Haha wonder if the brother will have many nights like these if/when/after my sister and I move out, since he's the last kid by a long shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment