- Fighting for space with the /actual/ media cameramen and photographers sucks
- Wearing shoes this time was absolutely the right decision
- Cameramen are big so they can hold the camera and push everyone out of the way, photographers are small so that they can squeeze into small spaces and get good angles
- Holding a camera only completely exempts you from dress codes if you're a guy :(
- May have accidentally asked a minister to move aside while he was listening to someone else give a speech
- RAW is my best friend forever in mixed-colour low-light
- Camera and wires get in the way of /every/ official shot
- Resolved never to make a living out of this because I got home at midnight last night and they need me to send it to them by lunch for publication?? Told them 1pm but I think lunch meant 12pm lol oh well
- PR person failed to realise that this was my first time covering /any/ event in an official capacity :/ so there was a lot of 'can I get shots of xxx so we can send to abc publication, send it to me asap' OKAY SO I WAS TRYING. Although mostly I could only get what they didn't want hahhah
- Need lessons in How To Detach Yourself From Small Talk
- The people who are actually working during the event - serving people and Make-A-Wish staff - are the most fun to talk to
- Post-event while cleaning up in the back room
Alvin: I have never sucked helium in my life. Arvind, you do it!
Then the gallery director (still in his suit+tie) saw us,
'Give me one of those balloons too!'
//1.06pm
Oops am late hahah only sent 5/28 of the photos 'cause loading is slow xD
a) literally need a dark room for post-processing, otherwise can't see the colours/lighting properly!
![]() |
| looks like some recluse's room HAHA |

No comments:
Post a Comment