Because happiness is, after all, a choice. Perhaps this is a result of Zen-ing. But anyway, I thought I would take stock of what I have and what I should treasure instead of always chasing after some thing or other in Dissatisfaction, so that when I look back I will not regret wasting life over things that I cannot change and taking for granted what I had. Like now I look back at Sec2 and Before Now, and I am glad that I did recognise that I had an amazing life :)
So. I am happy because I have cousins who are as close to me as siblings, and who put up with my idiosyncrasies and bad moods without fail. Parents who care even if they don't understand, and that my mother is fine with leaving it at Not Understanding because she trusts that I am Sensible enough to work it out on my own. Amazing, amazing friends who both touch me and as a result make me feel ashamed of myself for being so self-centred. Cradle Buddies and Long-Ago Friends who reassure me that, yes, friendships do last for years, and more than a decade. Because I am healthy and whole, and that I have had the chances to go where I have been and do what I have done. That I am Alive.
Always the flip side of the coin.
No comments:
Post a Comment