Wednesday, 10 August 2011

together we stand tall for all to see, get up whenever you fall

R1 THE BOMBZ (plus extra wl-poncho ahhah) LOVE Y'ALL MAXXXXXXXX :D
(actually these aren't from today LOL the first one is actually all the way from our first rehearsal!! But they were the only ones I could find So Far, today's ones haven't been posted online yet hurhur ;D times like these I regret not owning a compact camera! :P)

(okay yes this is our last ever Parade so it gets a proper post xD Got home at 12.10am today, then bathed and am waiting for my hair to dry now! :)
//after posting I realise this is damn long for just one (admittedly amazingly memorable) event hahahah feel free to skip though :)

Was half an hour late 'cause I woke up late + left the house at 11.20 when we were supposed to report at 11.30 xD Manzz what wouldn't I give for a Circle Line station near my house so I don't have to rush from Raffles City to the Sheares' Bridge! (not to mention THEY LIED LAST WEEK totally couldn't take a shortcut through the Float and get in 'cause they didn't accept the blue pass sighz)

Had more back-breaking funpack carrying (one thousand three hundred funpacks by sixty-odd volunteers plus a few army peeps in twenty-five minutes, BE AMAZED :D) then we got to chill on comfy couches in the aircon lounge while we were briefed for arrival and dispersal! :D At first it seemed so Surreal 'cause we'd already been doing so many rehearsals, almost today felt like a rehearsal too!

Not to mention that arrival was super STRESS omg. At first we were totally slacking around 'cause VIPs are annoying like that and nobody came until in the whole one and a half hours that the gate was open until the last half an hour/fifteen minutes or so omg THEN THEY ALL CAME AT ONCE. (And there were crazy people in suits and everything hahahaha don't envy them the heat up there!!) And we've never taxi-ed people up before, before this we ushered them like the other sectors lol but today they had numbered seats with invitation cards and everything so we had a taxi-line and every group that came in had one of us to guide them up to their seats! O: Had totally no idea until today that we were supposed to be personal guides and usher them to their seats until today hur sad lack in communication and training!!

Saw so many familiar faces in the red sector alone today it was shocking!! Second group that I led up were Kim Pang's family hurhur, then Ms Lim (the debate teacher i/c slash ex-netball teacher i/c) has a Privileged Seat in the frontest-front block, right behind the MPs and Cabinet Ministers and such! Also saw Joanne Khoo, Yi Yun and Rashvin! :D But goodness fully half of the seats were only filled after the gate closed and we activated the latecomers plan, walking up and down the crowded staircases was TERRIBLE because there were so many army people/late people there were jams all over the place asdfghjkl but okay the worst was the people who anyhow sit even though they have specified seat numbers/annoying photographers who grab any empty seat 'cause then we usher people to their seat and they're like NO I HAVE NO SEAT hehheh this lady came up to me and told me that I ushered her to the yellow seats ('cause they took some yellow seats to add to VIP) when her ticket says Y(some number) xD

AND I HAVEN'T YET MENTIONED HOW I MISSED THE BEST FIREWORKS OF ALL THE SHOWS!!!!!! T.T Manz all the previous shows I did human barricade in front of the central dais 'cause it meant we got the best view of the fireworks, either directly in front of the gate-entrance or right next to it!! But noz today we had to go roundabout the stairwells and whatnots so we got stuck behind the performers/army-people-marching-out-to-send-off-the-president so we had to stay inside and hear people cheering and watch the confetti fall without a view of the fireworks at all DD;

(oh but being a human barricade to stop people from coming onto the central dais and blocking the VIPs is Interesting Business haha everyone wants to shake hands with the ministers!! Then 'cause we're literally blocking with linked hands they actually reach through and in between us just to shake hands O: saw the Two Wise Old Men going down up close hehheh ministers are deceptively tall!!!!)

THEN AFTER THE VIPS LEFT WE STARTED PARTYING~~ ;D (actually all JiaJun's fault 'cause he came down and started zihighing around) but YES HAHA the songs they play after the parade are (y)(y)(y) to dance to!! :D Hi-fived little kids and screamed songs and clubbed around, even did a human-barricade Wave with Abdullah running up and down in front of us!! xD (And celebrated YingQian's birthday AGAIN heehee every Parade is her birthday! ;D Attracted super a lot of attention 'cause we unintentionally started singing when they stopped playing songs so we were damn loud hurhur ;)

After everything was over we (Clare, Joyce, Crystal, Peisze, Abdullah, Rizzal +their friends) went to the MacDonald's at Marina Square for ice cream hehheh had an awesome time ;D (okay actually originally we wanted to go to the Esplanade and watch the live performances outside but ohwellz In The Interest Of Not Going Back Home Too Late we just went for cheapo ice cream instead xD) Had a Shock when we managed to get a table for eight! And spent the whole time laughing at Oblivious People hehehehe ;)

NDP's really been an amazing time for me and I think for our entire group, all the stupid awesome things we do together!! :))))) Have absolutely no regrets for joining NDP2011 'cause it's been sucha great time and (I think I've said this too many times already lol) R1 is beyond wonderful they are brilliant outstanding funny fantastic people <3

//lol most of the people online facebook now are ndp peeps ahhah BETTER GO SLEEP NOW :)

//I HAVE FOUND THE NDP PHOTOS now you know where I'll be spending a good amount of my time~ ;D https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=89175368528

No comments: