Saturday, 31 July 2010

you and i collide

Am waiting for my turn to bathe, so!

1. TEAM WON HWACH INVITATIONALS OVERALL WHOOWHOO I'M A HAPPY KID AREN'T YOU!! THEY GET TO BE INSCRIBED INTO THE VERY MIDDLE OF THE SHIELD HOW COOL IS THAT! AND WE GET TO KEEP IT FOR A YEAR, FOLLOWING WHICH "LET'S JUST WIN AGAIN NEXT YEAR AND KEEP IT FOR ANOTHER YEAR!" (Tamisha)

2. Was trying to finish up the team cards this morning before team came (I fell asleep doing them last night, was too tired!). Jiaying and Zien came early too, and I was praying the team would come late so that I'd get extra time to do the card, but NO THEY CAME EARLY. So I hid all the cards under my 作业本 and naturally they were all around us and we had no chance to finish writing the cards!! So Zien and Jiaying were trying to come up with lame excuses for them to ignore us and walk somewhere else, like "Hey Pavithra, let's take a walk!", "Hey look Marvin's there!", "We came early to HwaChong to do our Chinese in peace and quiet because there is a Chinese-y atmosphere here -hinthint-" (which failed because Ariel and Yixuan and Jiaqi are all CHINESE PROS and they ended up standing behind me and teaching me how to do my 作业 and testing Tamisha and I 成语 from Jiaying's little book-thingy, which was actually quite fun because we kept saying ridiculous stuff while guessing them ahhah xD AND I nearly got a heart attack when Ariel wanted to check the front of the book because she lifted the whole book along with it too!!) The best one (from Zien) was "Umm.. Dyou need to go to the toilet!" In the end I really did go to the toilet to finish because the team had practically set up camp around our small little table and I wasn't even alone when I went to buy a drink (the machine is behind a wall in the canteen, which = PLACE TO FINISH CARDS SEKRITLY) hahahaha IT WAS FUN THOUGH HEHE. And Rashvin: "Going to the toilet is a group activity!"

3. Lightstick night yesterday with netballers! Merissa, Sabrina, Richelle, Charmaine, Tessa, Jasmine, Tiffany, plus Sherby! Ahhah we were the biggest group I think. The whole Orchard was completely spammed with lightstick people. MALINI WAS THE BEST SHE SOLD THE MOST I THINK. AMAZING TECHNIQUES O.O As always, all these people who do actually stop to listen and/or donate/buy always touch me, because they just make so many people happy by that one small act. The person out in the streets trying to get donations, the people in the charity, the people who the charity helps. All this happiness from one little action, it's so amazing. And there was this real nice guy who donated all his spare change, then he told us 'Thanks for being out here tonight'.

4. There is a tremendous, intangible value to making people happy. It's kind of taken me a long while to understand this. When I was younger, my aunt used to tell me that there's a huge return when you give someone something or make them happy, but I never really understood her until recently, recently being these last couple of years. I could be forever happy on other people's happiness, it makes me real glad just to know my friends are happy and laughing.

5. I think our class is really cool hehe we were all stuck in class watching Mr Brain until just before we had to leave for MT week! xD MT week was pretty fun too, spent the waiting time talking with Jiaqi and Zien at the back, then the actual talk itself was spent all the way in front with batch omg Richelle is too epic ahhah.

6. On the way home from Bishan today, my father was talking to me about the importance of appreciating stuff. Appreciating everything, really. Because behind everything ever made, (almost) everything ever done, there has been thought and effort and hard work put behind it. Things don't get made on their own, and events don't 'just happen', a gazillion hours and brain cells go behind all these things. All this 'adds value' to the experience, knowing that someone, somewhere has taken the trouble to try and do something good.

7. Would like to take this opportunity to tell those people who keep chasing me to upload photos (and this applies to people from practically every part of my life xD I guess it's just natural to want to look at photos immediately hehe) to please and thank you very much remember that it is not my obligation to bring my camera and take photos of everyone and asap upload it to Facebook. I don't do it because I have an duty to do so or anything. I do it because I love it and I upload it to Facebook because sharing these moments in time with others makes me and everyone else happy. I am not obliged to bring my camera to school and lend it to everyone so that they can spam it with burst shots. So it'd be great if people could lay off chasing me for photos which I haven't uploaded yet, because I truly do have very important and urgent things to do when I get home besides go through photos which are not-urgent and not-particularly-important-though-very-fun, I just do not have the time, and I do in fact try to upload photos at the earliest available opportunity.

8. Having said that, it's not that I don't feel appreciated for uploading all these gazillion photos (I do in fact feel extremely warm and fuzzy and appreciated everytime someone posts on my Facebook wall to thank me for that. I've never really gotten around to thanking these people, but THANK YOU SO MUCH <3), it's just that I'd like to get a (permanent) break from all the 'HENGHWEE PHOTOS NOWZXCZXC PLZ'. And I don't hate these people, it's just kind of demoralizing to see this mountainload of work-to-be-done-by-tonight, then I check my email/go for a short break on Facebook, and I see people demanding PHOTOS NOW TYVM and yupp less stress and demands would be greatly appreciated ^.^

9. I love everyone mentioned in this blogpost max :DD

No comments: