Lol it wasn't actually that bad until we were on the bus and playing at RP against NJ became so real (played 'Hall of Fame' a couple of times just to get into the zone), by the time Coach gave us team talk before the match I was so scared I was having trouble breathing.
Walking in was a rush of Evan shouting 'feel the floor!' and Vic telling us to hurry up with 2v1 drill and seeing all the guys ranged on the second floor watching and Coach telling us to relax
And suddenly the game started and all that fear was gone because it's time to play.
Do you know what my favourite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.
-- Mike Singletary
You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take.-- Wayne Gretzky
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.Coach: Do your best, and leave the rest.
-- Mario Andretti
^ Which was true. There's no time for hesitation or insecurity when you're in front of the goal (Samy: The goalies can feel your hesitation!), or fighting for the ball, or sprinting back to defend. There is only 'do'. So we dare it.
Cyndi was supposed to sit out today because because her feet were burnt after her Indonesia trip, so Vic was telling us:
(During third period)
Cyndi: Coach. (pause) Can I play? (in that super Cyndi way HAHA dk how to describe it)
Coach: Okay okay you wait ah. (once again, in that way that is very specifically /Coach/ lol)
So yeah Cyndi did play for the last period :)
Elaine: Huh but didn't that hurt??
Cyndi: Okay lah. I couldn't just sit there and watch all of you fight so hard without doing anything.
^ ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TRUE.
So proud of the amazing goals that everyone put in (even though I missed half of them 'cause I was drinking water HAHA what even), and the boxplay that was nothing short of beautiful, when Vic was called out for a penalty. Felt quite rested though, which I'm not sure is a good thing o.o (fresh enough legs vs not letting others rest enough?? Dilemmaaa.) Ended at the game at 4-3 to us with a few hiccups here and there (man it sucked when our line let in a goal) but it was still a good game played :) NEXT TIME WE ARE LETTING IN ZERO GOALS.
No comments:
Post a Comment