Does every kid think about it? Life and death's been a pretty touchy subject with my sister recently, just like it used to be when I was seven, eight. The concept of time, space, never and forever (not going to go into that). It terrified me. Terrifies me. Will I see my brother crying too, in four, five years' time?
Yesterday my sister was watching shows on my computer as usual, and she told me she wished she was a Digimon, because they always get reborn (makes you wonder if it's an appropriate show to leave on the computer when people are having such morbid thoughts, since Digimon die and turn into eggs dime-a-dozen, with the exception of Tamers who just plain die). I was scared about eternity, and she's afraid of non-eternity. (our thoughts run on different planes huh)
We don't really have much choice in dealing with these kind of things, do we. We either learn to accept it, deny it space it our conscious thoughts, or get eaten alive by a fear that will follow us until our dying day.
Haven't been able to sleep for the past hour because I've been busy pushing the word 'eternity' out of my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment