Friday, 3 December 2010

netball camp

This year's camp was kind of like daycamp + camp, especially since our killer trainings were more during daycamp than any other time. Yesterday was games and rain, and today there wasn't any training at all. And the Sec4s came back and slept over :)

(I secretly liked daycamp fitness trainings more because I could actually do something in them. During camp I umpired in the morning and watched in the afternoon because I can't pass very well with my hands yet :P)

The break between trainings during daycamp was real funny, first we had some hiding game where we had to cross the room without being seen by the person in front, but there were a lot of modifications because the obstacles we could find don't quite cover the entire person, like chairs, so it was changed to if the person in front could identify you at a glance. There were lots of people trying to hide behind umbrellas like people hide in bushes, tiptoeing across when the spotter isn't looking. Table soccer is also always fun, but that we played during the break during camp itself, and after breakfast :D

Then we sat around in a circle and played games, and Boh tried to suggest playing scissors paper stone, except with only scissors and stone. There was BangBang You're Dead (and Denise won, again (right?) and Murderer, and Elaine and Roy were absolutely desperate to be the murderers ahhah. When Roy finally got to be the murderer, the only person she managed to kill in the time that Boh killed maybe seven or more people was Tessa, who was sitting next to her, by pretending to talk to her behind her hand. When Boh'd been found by the detective we had to stop the game cause no more people were dying xD In the turn that Akoo and I were murderers, we were slowly killing off people but somehow we couldn't find the detectives, then we winked at each other at the same time and started laughing away.

I don't really know if the evening games were fun (probably the most memorable part would be walking around the dark J2 block lolol) but it was real fun for me heh. While we were setting up at the third floor of J block in the rain and thunder, we stood around the door while Cara went in first, then she suddenly jumped out and all of us screamed super loudly. At first, when we started, Elaine was panicking that our games were too short, but it was fine anyway :) There was a gigantic jam at Amanda's and Cara's stations, so I was walking around trying to scare people, but the only person who screamed was Yirong on the first and most brightly lit floor because she'd been busy staring into a locker or something. But that's okay they were scaring themselves and Jinghan was scaring them too hoho. For the last group that went to my station I had lots of fun being different obstacles like sea anemone and the Titanic and a dead duck :D They also took a lot longer 'cause I made the rules stricter, but it was more fun I think! We had a scaring session at the gymnasium at the end while was kind of spoiled by the exit sign light, but oh well :) Oh and there was a kitten/cat next to the AVA room that kept me company while I waited for them to piece the jigsaw together :)

The classroom was obscenely cold at night while we were sleeping. At first I was sleeping on the chairs, but after the first time I woke up, switched the aircon off and cursed whoever wanted to have both turned on, I moved to the floor instead. (Plus the chairs were so annoyingly noisy and kept shifting) There was a lizard in the room that kept making some funny sound, and apparently it was near Janice and was keeping her awake during the night. I was pretty much waking up like clockwork every two hours and going outside to walk away the shivering. At 4am I could see a lot of super bright stars in the sky, but I didn't have a tripod with me :( Finally woke up for real at around 6.45 when Richelle tripped over me, we probably woke a few other people up talking as well ehheh.

The first thing that lots of people said was that they needed to go toilet after holding it since x number of hours ago xD Tried to borrow Daisy's Shrek pillow to put in front of Boh's face when she woke up, but that didn't quite work, sadly. Our batch was the first completely up again (I think) but then some people went back to sleep after brushing their teeth :) Someone (Jas?) had Happy Tree Friends as their alarm tone, it's so ridiculously funny I think I'd always wake up on time if I used it ;)

Had bib-sewing and watching-Sec1s-scrub-courts, Yirong and Vicky were helping them too. We didn't actually have a lot to repair although we did, because some of the bibs that needed repairing, like the v-neck bibs, were in someone's wash.

We had appraisals after that. This is somewhat related and somewhat not related, very much a premature statement since we're only Sec2 going on Sec3, and influenced by this year's graduating batch (hi Sec4s), but when we become the graduating batch, I want to leave behind juniors who say 'I want to be like that batch', because we've done the right things and have been, well, good that way, we've succeeded as a batch, as seniors, as students, and all those other things. I guess it'd be kind of like a validation, but only partially. (bonus points for 'I want to be as (insert good quality) as (insert name here) hurhur ;)

No comments: