Have been coughing up phlegm for the whole day, and making trips to the living room to blow my nose. And I can't even blow it all out properly, and it sucks and I feel all gooey and gunky and gross.
Have been lost in The Realm of the Elderlings universe and I started with the LiveShip Traders trilogy, and am now re-reading the Tawny Man trilogy. My Farseer trilogy is so well loved that the covers have fallen from Assassin's Apprentice, and I don't really need to re-read it except for ten years in the future. Hopefully they won't have disintegrated by then because I really like The Realm of the Elderlings and ever since I discovered that one of my great-grandfather's giant geography books is still sitting relatively whole in my library (not to mention a much more worn Teochew dictionary) I hold more hope for my own fiction books. (Truthfully I only own Ship of Magic because the rest were borrowed from Toa Payoh Library on Sunday, and not even the Farseer trilogy in the bookshelves are quite mine. I realised that the copy of Assassin's Apprentice that I have is actually older than me. It's kind of strange, because neither my father nor mother have ever read it or even heard of it before I started talking to them, but I discovered all three books in the library one fine day during the same period of time that I was absorbed in reading Enid Blyton and Harry Potter and Narnia. No wonder I felt the need to reread the books so many times.)
Nations Cup ended on Sunday and the finals match was good, including the fact that Scotland was impossibly trashed by 50something to 20something by Wales. Wales plays cooler than Scotland, even if their GK gets called so much for contact/obstruction just because she looks so fearsome. Janice finally got her ball signed by the Tanzanian players before they left, and she was super happy that they passed it amongst themselves haha. We wanted to get the Scotland GA, Samantha Murphy's signature too but the Scots left early. Okay actually the only team that stayed long was Wales, and we managed to get signatures from most of them too.
I'm really bored of sleeping and eating and generally not doing anything productive. And it's only been something like fourteen hours.
Just for the lyrics.
No comments:
Post a Comment