Wednesday, 8 December 2010

no other


I don't know how many people actually ran the thing, but okay less than one and a half hours is pretty okay for me since I walked all the uphill bits hurhur. (This is 10km btw)

(btw I wanna go again next year LOL)

It was real fun and relaxed, there were a bazillion people there and they had to let people off in batches. I was in the third batch or something and there was lots of waiting around (hence why the chips start time was so late). It was seriously like some carnival, some people were carrying cameras to run, for heavens' sake. (Although they evidently weren't planning to run as much). Some people started walking before we even hit the 1km mark, and I overheard some people saying that they were just in the run to accompany their kids, then they'd just walk behind and enjoy haha. There were lots of people at the first toilet stop (the only one in the 10k route, 2km after the start point) too. It was funny in a strange sort of way, considering the number of reminders they blared out to please go pee before your event.

I was supposed to go run with my cousin and uncle, but my uncle pulled out because he didn't train and my cousin 'cause he blew his knee the night before. Originally we had this idea to walk all the uphill bits because we'd be just as fast walking as jogging uphill anyway right, and it'd take less effort. Except that I was happily walking uphill, then all the other people I'd overtaken earlier in the race started overtaking me in turn just by walking. Sigh. I swear everyone walks incredibly fast.

Running itself felt good. My shirt was slightly small because I thought they were using unisex sizing instead of womens' sizing, but okay. Running past the IR felt tiresome after the third or so time, but it did look nice the first time. I think I managed to run some 7km ish in total (anywhere between 6k and 8k, so take the average! :) which is ACCOMPLISHMENT considering that I didn't train at all with the exception of netball trainings haha. There's less drive, somehow, to continue running when it isn't training. And when everyone around you is walking.

HMM so what has happened apart from that.There was VJCs on Saturday, and I'm very very happy that we broke :) Now I need to remember to sms Jean about -ahem- to do -ahem- after -ahem-. :D But gosh I'm running out of creative juices.

There's been Nations Cup going on too! I went on Monday with Boh and Malini, and today with Janice. It's kind of sad that there aren't as many people going to Nations Cup this year as last year :/ Last year was funmax. On my way to the MRT station on Monday, (probably because I was happily wearing last year's event tshirt) there was a security guard uncle who stopped me to ask if Singapore'd won and some other general details about the competition, and the aunty I bought a Subway from also asked how the competition was going, the first question being, 'Did Singapore win?' It gave me a fuzzy feeling for no reason haha. Maybe 'cause they aren't actually involved or have any reason to care about some sport they might/might not know about, but they care enough to ask and take pride in it :)

(See this is why I can't stand listening to the sports-themed debates during VJCs. Way too much bullshit, but that's the argument you run after all.)

Am super tired after trainings, I could just drop now. Somehow blogging doesn't seem so appealing during the holidays, or just when I don't feel like talking.

No comments: