Sunday, 28 November 2010

soundtrack of my summer

I've never really been very good with dealing with large groups of people, so I guess that's pretty much another learning point I gotta take note of. 

SRC carnival yesterday was good in the way that warm water in cold weather is good and in the way that good food is good. Also the way that a hug is always good. Was real glad that the Sec4s came back again though they've graduated. We got kicked out of the first round and lost quite a few matches but that was fine too because the games were fun (even if my shooting was abysmal again) and we were relaxed and running felt great. It was funny in a hey-that's-interesting way when the SCGS were so happy they beat us. Oh well :)

I have been exasperating my mother for much of today as well, because I managed to tear three large holes in my palm this morning without realising while doing bar work, and I only let her dab once at each of the blisters with iodine before running out of the toilet and away from her with both hands behind my back. The first time she did that was also the first time I've ever sworn in front of her. The second and third times weren't so bad. It's still oozing very merrily, so I don't think I'm going to put a plaster on it yet. There probably goes any training that isn't fitness training for me tomorrow.

NaNoWriMo ends in two days and two and a half hours. I'm pretty happy with NaNo this month, and granted it's a lot less exciting when you aren't rushing six thousand words a day since you've been diligently writing about 1700 every damn day, but it's a different kind of achievement and that's pretty cool too :)

Training in eleven hours, another kind of training in twentyfour plus twelve hours, camp in three days, four days and five days, and a different kind of competition in six days.

No comments: