Thursday, 8 October 2015

anticipating what's to come, like a finger on a loaded gun

I miss being able to say 'walao' 'wah piang' 'sian' 'kns' and have people understand me

Also I just dropped my apple on the floor after washing it (and the floor's not v clean because I've picked up the British habit of wearing my shoes around) (how not to when the carpet continues right from the corridor into my room without division??) but SUA too lazy to go back to the kitchen again #studentlife #liveblogging

Have kinda gotten used to formal dinners here (the first one was so hectic I was like D: D: D: cause I couldn't seem to find anything at all and I had 20min to change!! Up till now still can't find like one pair of black socks and two pairs of stockings SIAN this room is becoming a black hole and I've only lived here since Sunday.

On a more serious note I guess sometimes it doesn't really hit me that I'm in Oxford?? Today we had formal dinner with our tutors and the dean (I think it was the dean) mentioned in her speech (sorry this is only a rough what-I-remember and is in no way accurate word-for-word)

'When you walk down the streets of Oxford, you are walking paths that generations of students have walked for hundreds of years. Great writers, Nobel laureates, thinkers, have walked these paths as students. Sat down and had formal with their tutors, just as you all are doing now. And you may not feel like it now, but one day people in this hall, too, will make great contributions to the world.'

like OK TOO MUCH CAN those are some big footsteps to fill
anyway that's too much thinking for 130am
I have an essay due next Thu for tutorial and school hasn't even started yet xD

No comments: