Sometimes it's easy to forget that I'm in a city of academics -- how to believe it when that means I'd have to count myself in it? On the bus back from tournament last Sunday people were just casually discussing black hole physics (a DPhil who did Physics undergrad and a theoretical physics DPhil), or while walking to Iffley for dinner people just discuss the politics of social welfare (PPE students). Idk it's just very surreal?? And I'm just there going 'uh psychology babies social learning shiz' (wah but the upside of studying developmental psychology is so many photos of cute babies???? hahahaha #bimbomax i should probably try to be more Intelligent-Sounding)
Also a comment by Malte today during floorball reminded me of something that I'd lost track of, possibly since J2 started. It went something along the lines of 'you're more experienced so you should be directing, but when you play you're very focused on yourself, which is why the formation got messed up'
Which is very very true?? As much I'm here for the kicks of it (where else will I get to play floorball with Scandinavian guys twice a week right???? golden opportunity for personal development), I'm also a member of OUFC, a member of this team, and playing floorball means playing for the team.
Also I know I should be stepping out of my comfort zone and all and not spending so much of my time just hanging out with Singaporeans, but it's so hard?? Like I get to speak Singlish, and I get good food. What more can you ask for in company right?!
Life is kind of settling in and I like 2/3 of my tutorials (which is fair enough), especially Prof Kim's one because he questions all your assumptions (and doesn't really have a set curriculum which is gr8 'cause we get to discuss the really interesting stuff). Yeah I guess neurophysiology tutorials are a little rigid for me (and don't really like having a mini-lecture in tutorial) (like why would you give Hugh's students the 0930 tutorial slot if you're holding the tutorial half an hour's walk away????? Walao so hard to stay awake lorh)
Ohya then the other day I went to the library looking for the fiction section 'cause our college library is pretty darn big (more books than RJ library definitely) but.... the fiction section was exactly one shelf right next to the door HAHA. Evidently I'm in the wrong city for this ':D ay not like I have much time to read extra stuff alr anw :P but did end up borrowing Markus Zusak's The Book Thief
No comments:
Post a Comment