Sunday, 19 April 2015
i so stunned like vegetable
You're welcome
(Although only Yux appreciates my humour!!)
It was the best thing ever though haha was super siansian to wake up and go for PT training, but watching it was an instant VOÍLA.
It's been a super tiring week though, from Monday - Saturday I woke up at 6am every day and most of the nights I was coming home past 11
Mr Ng's been back in the staff room recently to be part of the Relief Teacher Team (on Tuesday he walked into the office and said 'I'm here to relieve the relief teacher!!') after flying away to NTU to lecture and he is so funny HAHA and all the teachers always come by to chat with him 'my good friend you know!!'
Mr Ng: You know this morning ah, I asked them 'Who's very good at rugby?' Then all my classes told me 'USA!' I nearly fainted!! Told them to go stand in the corner and reflect, then some of them really started moving! So I tell them 'just kidding la you really want to walk all the way there isit'.
Tuesday was BTT (still haven't booked any driving lessons yet.. oops) and lunch at Menmen Dondon with Yux + free cone day! Dempsey is the best place seriously HAHA only a 10min queue so we got three flavours before bursting!! Sat in the Dempsey actual-branch of Ben&Jerry's after that to drink water cause the place was air-conditioned and had water xD ('We're eating ice cream right now, how can we not be patrons of Ben&Jerry's!')
Halfway queuing for our first cone there was a very loud and shameless 'HENGHWEETHEBEAST' so Yux and I both turned around cause only Huz will call me that! He was on his fourth cone HAHA the two of us cannot match la. Walked from Dempsey to Mount E after that to go find Shihui, partly because we were too lazy to climb the overhead bridge x)
Slowly settling into the PT training schedule (also I think PT has been getting objectively easier..), but the first court training was even more of a shock to the system than first PT training. Gotta spend some time reflecting before Wednesday, but that's a night time activity ;)
Lunch with Jonny at Marina Square at this Jap place on Thursday with free-flow appetiser (obviously the selling point HAHA). We were originally gonna go Millennia Walk for 3Inch Sin but it closed!! And no one knows whether they relocated elsewhere :( went back to pick the tuition kids up and bring them to the Science Centre (my tuition is so cool we have field trips HAHA), which is actually pretty big!! Wanna go back one day on my own/with friends to really check out some of the exhibits hehe.
Thursday night was Public Enemy by W!ld Rice with the parents, which I really enjoyed! Some of the older political references I didn't get, but I thought the adaptation was not bad. Need to go and find An Enemy of the People by Henrik Ibsen now, to go and compare with the source material :)
Recently my mum told me about how Aunty Yilih was so thankful that I was taking Careezza for tuition. 'Yesterday she went home and took out the Dr Seuss books to read to her brother, Aunty Yilih was so amazed because it was the first time she'd ever voluntarily picked up a book in her life.' I guess it's heartening but I'm still dying for the day when I can drop all my tuition kids???? Really can't take the never-ending teaching and teaching and teaching. Guess I'm not cut out to be a long-term teacher :P
No comments:
Post a Comment