So.. I don't understand why people don't practise?
Maybe it's because now I hate small talk and life is split into a dichotomy of DO SOMETHING or GO LAZE/SLEEP IN BED UNTIL FEEL LIKE DOING SOMETHING so now I'm less understanding than I could/should be about these things.
Idk man don't you get embarrassed that a new junior has better stickwork than you? Doesn't it feel terrible when you can't support your team, when a goal is let in because of you? Why would anyone want to stay at that level of skill when you can become better?
It's not even like it takes that much effort to become marginally proficient - 15min of stickwork a day for a week (or two weeks or three if you have less affinity with the stick) and your stickwork becomes unrecognisable. It took me about five hours to train a decent sweep (over two weeks, taking the time after trainings and during weekends). For shooting, maybe five times five hours to be proficient at doing it on the go, and another times five to do it while sprinting. (i.e. I'm still giving excuses for why I haven't had an on-target shot for the last two trainings OK ENOUGH)
And there's actually a lot of spare time hahhah Yux and I were calculating that 20min of practice in the morning before morning assembly is 20x3=1h if we do it just thrice a week, + the days we end early (before 7) are another source of extra time.
WHY NOT.
No comments:
Post a Comment