Reflections from four months in work, one of which was spent in Sydney
1. Sydney is beautiful and there's something to be said about living next to a rocky coastline
2. You gotta have a real love for being solitary if you're going to travel overseas for work
3. Depth or breadth when going to another office? Chuck did breadth, I followed immediately after and got depth.
4. Everything going well at work is really because of acres and acres of luck -- wouldn't have gotten onto the Indonesia project if the other two associates didn't happen to be overseas at the time, no one would've known that my dissertation on internet behaviours turns out to be my ticket into the most high-profile project in APAC
5. I really hate noisy bars but it's the de facto white people post-work hangout ugh
6. Have read more books in this one month than the last three months put together (partly because of the enforced solitariness -- lots of dinners and brunches and teas and park benches to slowly read!)
7. Called home really often but really it was to see bk and the puppies grow. When I left the puppies were barely walking, now they're nearly ready to go home. Kind of sad that I missed one of the most exciting growth periods in their life.
8. I've really loved being here, but I'm ready to go home and see Bakkwa.
Things to continue pondering:
- What is my driving force/One Goal/north star?
No comments:
Post a Comment