Sunday, 31 December 2017

where the line meets the sea, it calls me

1) Finally released my research project app on the Google Play Store the day before the year ends!! Very exciting but also iOS release is such a pain why didn't I just do a web app :'(

2) So depressed about job applications it isn't even funny

3) So behind on work (have two lab reports to finish before term starts + dissertation outline) it is also not funny at all

4) Learned a lot of things this year -- a little more savvy about how my computer works, learned Python and Kivy and a little bit of Swift, reading more (both Good Fiction and Interesting Non-Fiction)

5) Also learned (still learning) to be more self-sufficient, a better friend, a more discerning person

6) Built confidence!! I can do ANYTHING (except find a job and complete my coursework on time). (But I do feel like I can learn anything)

7) Life's been hard since term ended (too much holidaying not enough working, endless illnesses and travel disruptions) but life is generally always hard anyway (have always wondered if I'm actually very busy or if I just don't do things efficiently or if I actually spend a lot of time lazing around??) so I'm not sure it makes too much of a difference

8) I have really really long hair (waist-length) and don't know what to do with it (cut? leave it till hip length?) The only things I really know are: going to cut it to a normal length before I start working, and I've learned how to fishtail braid so that's what happens to my hair when I need to Concentrate. (Also I have this mental image of me playing matches with my Cool Fishtail Braid but I actually haven't exercised since I learned LOL too much work to do)

A) Learn Swift and Java to make my own app for fun (post-graduation) (I've already paid for the developer memberships anyway and they last at least a year)

B) Read Chinese books (when I was 15 I promised my mum I would finish a book before I graduated from uni and now I'm going to be 22 soon)

C) Join a floorball club (post-graduation) and go for trainings at least weekly (in Oxf) + use my gym membership to its maxxest

D) Finish watching Game of Thrones before the final season airs

E) Be more on time and less rushed for deadlines / be more organised about my time in general

F) Continue to maximise quality time spent with people

G) Cook more creatively + for others

H) Learn either Japanese or Malay (post-graduation) (literally the only languages I ever pick up are languages that I heard as a child) (am 100% sure that it's easier and more natural to pick up something that you heard frequently)

No comments: