 |
Blue Leaders + SOICs!! Most capable friendly wonderful welcoming people in the world. I remember when we received our sector groupings, and even dinner at the King Louis, I was wondering if I would ever feel comfortable around them. Two months, two trainings and six parades on, making and comparing gifts, arranging breakfast but always coming late -- I'm glad they're my sector :))
(Ya and Mui Teng and Jiale can get pretty scary at times!! But they're such capable caring SOICs, and Mui Teng always makes sure to be extra clear; thank you so much :)) |
 |
| My dearest B1 :) despite only having CR3 and the Preview to bond (especially for the latecomers who only joined us for V2!), Parade day would've been completely unmanageable if all of them hadn't stepped up, shouted 'til they lost their voices, run up and down the platform, and stood firmly in the way of persistent spectators :') I know y'all got scolded a lot, especially because no one likes the blue sector seats at the side, and I'm so proud of all of y'all for taking it and doing your job nonetheless!! |

 |
Which is why we made gifts :)) haha stayed up until like 3am and woke up at 7am the night before/the morning of NDP itself just to finish these k!! They're the lanyard pouches thing HAHA was at Popular scouting out things, then at first we wanted the landscape one except it was smellyyyy.
(mhm and the true story behind these is that originally we were gonna just write small cards 'cause Kelvin and I were both 'eh I'm terrible at writing letters okay' HAHA but then all the other groups were so onz like B2 was making photoframes, B3 was laminating A3 paper like certs and B4 had their notes in beautiful little bottles -- abit paiseh lah HAHA so when all of us met up to do cards we decided to be cool and add on stuff that can attach to the lanyard xD)
(reminds me of how in 2011 R1 got cards from SOICs but not Yingqian and Jackson HAHA tskk we were so sad! But then R1 was so close I wouldn't exchange them for the world :) |
 |
Red Sector 2011 back at the platform!! So many memories of 2011 National Day while at the platform, it was like whoa. I think I'll end up comparing every year with my first haha it was just such an amazing experience :')
So after the R1 photo we went to find Wai Lreng and Deborah and Wei Jie (SOIC and R3 leaders respectively!) and it's quite amazing how Wai Lreng still recognises us even though he was an SOIC and he hasn't seem some of us in two years!
Abdullah: Wailreng!! Take photo!
WL: YES YES PHOTO
YQ: Eh! You know who these people are anot!
WL: Red sector!
YQ: Which year?
WL: Uhh.. OH 2011! Told you already lah, I can remember faces, just not the smaller details!
hahhah not bad, after being SOIC so many years :) |
 |
6+1 from R1 this year (including Shirley who's in the SOKA performance
but couldn't stay 'cause the ushers really ended quite late) and that
really says something about our group, considering there were people who
would've come back except they have NS/Alevels/are overseas and
everything. HAVE I MENTIONED TODAY HOW MUCH I MISS R1 MANZ YOU GUYS WERE
THE BEST.
Ya and getting everyone after the last Heartware phototaking was a headache LOL Ab kept running off 'cause got too many people to take photos with xD in the end we still managed photos at the Red Sector seats ^.^ |
 |
| Blue leaders at IMM making cards! Hobo-ed at a corner with scissors and glue and pens and markers :) heard that Yonghong and Sharon stayed until 12+ just to finish theirs whoa #dedicated |
 |
Buddy Kelvin and I! :D somehow we're always the last group to submit attendance for NE shows, and the ones who always order extra for dinner xD even Jiale noticed how we're quite slack/not-happz compared to like, Ziyi or Sharon HAHA
Jiale: Actually right, Red Sector is quite slack! I think you'd like it eh Kelvin. Oh but then with your hair maybe not.
Kelvin: What's wrong with my hair!!
Jiale: Red Sector need to be presentable mah! |
 |
From the F1 pit to the platform! Quite cool nowadays haha we sit in an aircon garage and eat lunch, no need to hobo under Sheares bridge xD (although I kinda liked that more!!) + this was a blind photo HOORAY FOR MY EXCELLENT ESTIMATION SKILLS ;D
All the excitement building up heehee ^.^ especially after koping army food from Old Chang Kee and Sejora and every other place and hiding from the SOICs 'cause technically we aren't supposed to be there xD
Also while we passed by the Sheares Bridge entrance we saw people queueing at.. 12pm+ in the hothot sun OMG kiasu Singaporeans much. Someone should tell them they don't needa be so early 'cause they don't get to choose seats anyway LOL no wonder the early comers are always so bad tempered xD latecomers are muchmuch nicer spectators ;) |
 |
On the platform before the actual Parade! Enjoying drizzle and wondering if it would be the first NDP it rained since dk how many decades ago, it was still super shiok ^.^ Also while we were up there we saw the Red Sector ushers carrying funpacks and someone shouted 'halfway there Red Sector!!' and it brought me straight back to 2011 and we set a record for being the fastest year to bring up the funpacks, and all the guys were carrying 20 funpacks at a time and climbing the stairs like whoa. Remembered how after that we sat in an aircon briefing room and the Major debriefed us on the seating plan for Red Sector, and there were so many PRO army personnel, and we had so much time to take photos and be R1 together and ahhhh
(not that B1 didn't have that time! Although we mostly spent the time lepaking in the sun and sleeping under the shade in the mezzanine LOL esp. all the JC kids were taking quick naps xD)
Ya then the actual thing was quite chaos HAHA it was like whoaaa super shock after jumping from Red Sector to Blue Sector! From over-issuing to scolding spectators to annoying army people who take up seats meant for spectators (the white ones at the back 'cause of overissue) and don't realise until the last minute to running up and down the platform looking for empty seats; was sweating as much as during training by the time we took a break for dinner xD shouted 'til I lost my voice, developed an impromptu sign-language for shifting to the next row, ran from block to block like a group of busy productive ants at Mui Teng's instruction; and it was good :) |
 |
Last photo :) from Preview day, the mad fun that is the human barricade at the Gate ^.^ like even though Ziyi complained that the human barricade didn't get to party even when the rest of the spectators did, it actually didn't really stop them I guess 'cause they were all just happy dancing on the spot xD
Rushing to form the human barricade the moment we opened the staircase gate, reminded me (again HAHA are you tired of hearing this yet xD) of the human barricade we formed in front of the red carpet at the VIP area two years ago, when Wai Lreng just grabbed random people and we stretched out in front of the place arms outstretched and hands linked, but people were crowding around us anyway because everyone wanted to shake hands with the ministers. It was so surreal haha we might as well have been metal barricades for all notice people took of us then. For Blue Sector this year we really spammed people in front of the gate to stop people, but that time we were all strung out and actually struggling to hold back the crowd hahhah. ALAMAK yknow what just go read my NDP posts in 2011 HAHA have a feeling I've said all this already, but two years ago is so long that it feels like I haven't revisited those memories in too long :') |
Since then.. slept the Saturday away to recover (only went home at like what 12.30 HAHA partly to eat food with the rest of the leaders at Makan Sutra, reached home 1-something 'cause debrief time always overruns, and Jiale and Mui Teng were telling us one time they stayed until 2am+ for meeting O: )
 |
Oops I lied. Have I ever mentioned how open and friendly NDP ushers are? It's like they don't judge you at all even if you're not like them, 'cause everyone's different and all they're looking for is a good time. At the Leaders' Appreciation Dinner on Tuesday, everyone was making so much noise and taking photos with everyone and the atmosphere was just amazing, it didn't matter if we didn't recognise a lot of people in the room 'cause everyone's a friend :))
(ALSO THE FOOD WAS SO GOOD hahahha kept going back for seconds/thirds and Sharon and I were being aunties by taking a huge plate of eclairs/cakes and saying it was for our whole sector xD) |
Spent a lot of the week studying, some of it at IHCs (surprisingly got into 200m finals for track HAHA omg so unfitzzzzz. Dk how imma handle that if there's Coach training on Wednesday though hmm..)
Hide and seek in school with the class + random people on Friday, we went off in pairs 'cause the school at night can get quite creepy xD got found within 10s of the first round by Jath and Sab behind the SAC HAHA we are such sad kids. Won the second round though hehe ^.^
Tay Yang: Guys let's not play running hide-and-seek. All the lights are motion-sensor. One time (someone) and I were running across the parade square, then the whole place lit up. We ended up hiding under the national flag.
Chorale concert on Saturday, cancelled dinner to get free dinner with family xD actually quite liked some of the songs!
The version I like
The version with translation
And.. Colour Run today!
 |
| Quite gross actually haha I'm happy having it as a once-in-a-lifetime experience xD |
Studying before going, taking forever to bathe and changed and get ready, Poulet dinner, after-party
Kalamazoo :)
'Guys have you tried blowing your nose.'
'I LOOK LIKE I HAVE TUBERCULOSIS!'
(yarp you're not meant to understand it HAHA just too tired to elaborate now + there's school later!)
Good night ^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment